Friday, April 26, 2013

You Get What You Pay For

I've been doing Crossfit for 3+ years.  It is the longest I've maintained a healthy weight and physical prowess since college.  I've blogged about many things... inspiration, motivation, the effectiveness of Crossfit.  But one thing I've known but never written about is the value of Crossfit 540.

We all know how great our environment is at 540.  Many of us have gained new, long term friends.  Other have picked up business partners, and clients.  But all of us have been welcomed with open arms and enthusiasm by existing members.  This is well known and frankly, kind of expected now :).

As I said, I've been doing this for a while.  In that time, I visited almost a dozen other boxes.  Some good, some great, and a couple.... not so much.  Most of them I've kept up with via Facebook or by following the blog.  None of them follow Crossfit.com's programming.  At 540, we never have, but it seems making up your own WODs is the norm among affiliate owners.  But what if the owner sucks at it?  Making up the next WOD is an extremely important decision made every single day!

Which leads me to my point.... our hidden gem at 540 is the programming.  From the Widowmaker, Jelly Legs, and the Sevens.... to the 12 Days of Xmas WOD and The 540; our workouts are consistently fun, exciting, nerve wracking, but most of all... effective.  Due to various circumstances at times, I've had  to modify my workout routine away from 540's programming.  Consistently, I lost strength, endurance, and overall performance.  Needless to say, I'm back to doing T's WOD so long as my schedule and injury allows.

So, you see, it is really simple.  Do the damn WOD.  Then enjoy the fun and results you get from it.

EDIT:
I wrote this last night but forgot to post it.  Then I see T's blog post today about doing the WOD.... weird coincidence.  Either that or I'm a suck up.  I'll never tell which it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment